XXSE is a save editor for the Xbox 360 that works right in your browser.
Download for offline use: XXSE-0.2.1.zip
. Simply extract and open XXSE.html to use.
- Select your game from the list below, and note the name of the file you will need in the file selection box.
- On your Xbox, move or copy your save to a USB storage device. For Halo 4, Magic 2012/2013/2014 (Profile), and Gears of War, copy your profile.
- Plug your device into your PC and open the save/profile using a program such as Modio (instructions are for version 5) or Horizon.
- Extract your file:
- Halo 4, Magic 2012/2013/2014 (Profile), and Gears of War: Extract the respective .gpd file from your profile. Halo 4 is 4D530919.gpd, Magic 2014 is 584112C5.gpd, Magic 2013 is 58411213.gpd, Magic 2012 is 58410B3F.gpd, and Gears of War is 4D5307D5.gpd.
- With Horizon: Navigate to your profile in the device explorer, open it in the package manager, click the 'Contents' tab, and right-click the .gpd file and choose 'Extract...'.
- With Modio: Click on your device, then your profile, then 'Profile Storage', then the 'E0000...' file, then 'Advanced', then 'Edit Package Contents'. Either filter for the game or find it in the list, then right-click it and choose 'Save as...'.
- All other games: Extract the file (specified in XXSE's file selection box) from your save.
- With Horizon: Navigate to your game save in the device explorer, open it in the package manager, click the 'Contents' tab, and right-click the file and choose 'Extract...'.
- With Modio: Click on your device, then your profile, then your game, then your respective save file, then 'Advanced', then 'Edit Package Contents'. Right-click the file and choose 'Save as...'.
- In XXSE, browse for the file you just extracted.
- Modify as desired.
- Click 'Save'
- Click the link to download the modified file. You will need to right-click and 'Save target as...' with Internet Explorer.
- Replace the respective file in your game save or profile with the one you downloaded, using the program you used to extract it.
- With Horizon: Right-click the file in the package manager's 'Contents' tab and choose 'Replace', and select your downloaded file (its name doesn't matter). Do not use Horizon to modify Dark Souls or Soul Calibur 5 saves.
- With Modio: First rename the downloaded file to match the file name as it exists in the save exactly, right-click anywhere in the list of files and choose 'Add File', select your downloaded file, and confirm the prompt to overwrite.
- Rehash, resign, and save to your device.
- With Horizon: Click the 'Save, Rehash, and Resign' tab. Do not use Horizon to modify Dark Souls or Soul Calibur 5 saves.
- With Modio: Click on 'Done', then 'Save Changes', then 'General', and then the respective button to save to your profile and device.
Horizon and some other Xbox 360 mod tools have issues replacing files in Dark Souls and Soul Calibur 5 saves, and will inevitably corrupt them. They may appear to modify them correctly, but issues will appear eventually - possibly rendering your data inaccessible. Modio 5 does not appear have any issues with these files.
Halo 4 Warnings:
If you modify your XP beyond a certain threshold, you will be automatically banned. Do not make significant changes unless you intend to play offline only. Also note that for modifications to take effect, you must first load the game to the title screen and only then should you sign in. Signing in first then loading the game will result in it reloading your stats from the Halo 4 servers, wiping out any modifications you may have done. If you have gone online with modified stats, those changes will be permanent; stats cannot be lowered without all
stats being reset the next time you go online. You should also note that for armory items to stay unlocked online, you must check the 'Override Requirements' box for each. Otherwise any items with requirements not met will be automatically locked or hidden while online.
Magic 2014 Note:
To enable the sealed pool slots for editing in Magic 2014 (Deck Save), you must first open the sealed mode in the game at least once. If you unlock more than the first two sealed pool slots, you must load the game with the profile that has said slots unlocked at least once.
Disclaimer: This is beta software. Be sure to keep a backup of any files you modify.
Modifying any online or leaderboard stats/data may result in a ban - offline testing is recommended. Use at your own risk.
Bugs/issues/suggestions? Let me know: my gmail is absurdly.obfuscated, or you can find me around on the web.